Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Decision Made - Bedding Sets Purchased

We finally took the leap and made a decision on a duvet/quilt option for the girls. The winner? The teal chevron bed-in-a-bag from Target.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9

Skylar and Clara both agreed that they like the "zigzags", so they were able to narrow down our possible selections to just three choices. Late Saturday night, I noticed the bedding had actually gone on sale at Target and there was no better time to make a final decision. After a little discussion, hubby Justin and I decided that the bed in a bag sounded like a wonderful deal. We paid online to lock in the sale price, and picked them up at the store the next day.


Though I would have loved to sew a bedskirt for each of the girls, the bed in the bag included one. And who doesn't love a time saver? Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy sewing, but I haven't had as much time lately tending to a clingy 7 month old. (Have I mentioned that Cullen and I are still not sleeping at night? I'm loosing my mind.)

I am super happy with how the new bedding looks!


Remember what it looked like before?


The girls are super thrilled too. They insisted on having their pictures taken while they pretended to sleep.


I swapped out their blah off white curtains for a sheer white pair that I had in my first college apartment, and the room look a million times better already.


Their little lamp is something that we picked up at Ikea when we first moved in since there is no overhead lighting, and we "shopped" for this little silver owl in our Christmas decorations.


Next, we just need to decide on a paint color, and then we can have some fun by pulling in some more accessories! (And figuring out exactly what to do with the blank expanse of wall above the beds.)

I'd love to add a pretty color as an accent to the wall with the window, but I'm afraid that will chop it up and make the room look smaller. What do you think? Accent wall or one cohesive color?

No comments:

Post a Comment