Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Project Curb Appeal: Easy Mailbox Makeover

The vacation (or staycation) is over. A whole week of relaxation and fun is over and I'm feeling a little grumpy to be back at work this week.

I had all of these plans to be productive and get a lot done last week, including writing a few blog posts, but it just didn't happen. You know what they say about "best laid plans" and all... So here I am today with a project that my husband completed last week during our staycation!

As I outlined in this post, I had hoped to tackle our Curb Appeal. We didn't get everything done that I had hoped to achieve, but we at least got a few outdoor projects checked off the to do list. The first of those projects to improve our home's curb appeal was to improve our mailbox.


It just looked kind of sad, and droopy, and worn.


Now, this will honestly be a short post, there's not much to this simple project. And it didn't cost much either.

First, we removed the post topper. Then, we simply painted the post with a white interior paint that we already had on hand. The mailbox got a quick spray with our favorite Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint...

Then the flag got hit with red spray paint.


Voila.


Beautiful!


Okay, so maybe it could use a few flowers or something planted around the base, but you have to admit it's quite an improvement! Tell me, what curb appeal projects have you been up to?


No comments:

Post a Comment