Thursday, April 3, 2014

Getting Moody in the Master

Last weekend, I did a little painting in the master bedroom. It's been a little slow going with the "makeover" progress in the house lately, but we've really been trying to focus the majority of our efforts on getting organized. No one likes to see piles of stuff just laying around their house or have closets packed full of stuff that doesn't belong there. It's been over a month since we moved in; we really need to get on that!

All I can show you today is the color of the master bedroom:


Since I really don't have much of an update to share with you on the master yet, I thought I would share the mood board I put together instead.



 Here's the overall to-do list for this room:

- paint the walls with the base color
- tape off and paint stripes on the wall behind the headboard
- use existing headboard to mimic the tufted inspiration piece
- find night stands and table lamps
- purchase and assemble crib (While our babies are still nursing, I like them to be close for all of those night time feedings. The pack-n-play just wasn't cutting it anymore, so we broke down and bought a new crib.)
- make a mobile to hang above Cullen's crib
- find and hang curtains
- find and hang mirror or other art for above headboard
- find/make console table for under tv
- find/make bedding

Ummm, yea, so pretty much start from scratch! At least I have a base coat of paint on the walls...

If you haven't yet checked out the Home Tour, here's what we're starting with:


It should be quite a transformation.

We're going to have to get a little creative to get this kind of look on our budget though. We most certainly don't have $1,000 to spend on a headboard! I have the room painted with it's base color, but still have the stripes to tackle yet. Wish me luck, because I am totally nervous that they will turn out wavy or crooked. Can't wait to get a progress pic posted.

Anyone have tips for me when it comes to painting stripes? I could use all the help I can get on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment