Thursday, April 24, 2014

Two and a Half Birthdays

We recently celebrated two birthdays!

Clara turned 4 in March, and Oaken just turned 7. It sure is amazing how time flies, huh? I feel like just the other day my first baby boy was born and I became a mommy for the first time. I was honestly so terrified to even be left alone with the little guy the first couple of days and now he is an independent, wonderful big brother.

Because no birthday post would be complete without some throw back pics...

That's my boy! Oaken is the sweetest kid around and I'm so proud of they way he has grown up. Even his teachers comment on how well mannered and sweet he is in school. I am one proud mommy!

Everyone was feeling a little under the weather this year on his birthday, but we still managed to make him his requested Lego cakes!


The cakes were by no means perfect, or beautiful, but I tried my hardest with what we had and Oaken fully appreciated it. Oaken was bummed that his friends didn't get to come over to celebrate, but I bet their parents are grateful not to have received the flu as a party favor.

To celebrate Clara's birthday, we spent the weekend in Pennsylvania with my parents. Of course, Clara requested a special cake of her own as well.


Our girls are absolutely obsessed with Hello Kitty. Based on the fact that I did not plan this cake at all, I think it actually turned out fairly well. Sorry for the poor lighting, but I had remembered just before we dug into the cake that I should probably snap a quick iPhone picture.

And a collage for Clara....


Isn't she just so adorable? Clara is also such a sweet girl. How did we luck out and get such sweet kiddos? She is absolutely infatuated with her baby brother and does the best job of making him laugh! I can't believe how much she has grown.

Finally, in reference to the "Half Birthday": baby Cullen is now 6 months old!

Cullen is such a happy little guy and truly makes our family complete. I'd have to say that Justin and I are some very proud parents!

He is still not sleeping through the night, and actually gets up at about every hour to nurse. Though I am absolutely exhausted in the morning, I can't complain about spending the extra time with my little man. Being gone 12+ hours a day for work is the pits and it's all to obvious that time just flies when kids are growing up. I will never, ever, ever wish away any stage of my children's childhood. I am thankful for every single minute that I get to spend with them.

This post seriously makes my heart ache. Their growing up is so bitter-sweet. I miss those itty bitty babies so much. It's been so much fun watching them grow over the years, but sometimes I wish I could just hop into a time machine back to those first few days after their births and soak up all of the newborn snuggles I can. Looking through all of their pictures just to pick out these few was so hard. If only I could slow down time,spend less time at work, and more time cuddling!

Tell me, what is the one thing that you miss most about your little ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment