Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Photo Challenge: Sleep Pictures

When Katie at Bower Power mentioned that the latest Picture Party theme was Sleep, I knew I'd have to practice some of my long gone photography skills and partake.

In fact, I would like to try to participate in the monthly Picture Party moving forward so that I can keep practicing and have a goal to strive for. I always feel like I'm missing so many moments of my children's lives by not taking enough pictures. I mean, can you really ever have enough pictures of your kids? There are so many tiny details to capture of every stage of their lives that you just might forget if you don't have that photographic evidence. At least, that's my excuse to continuously snap away.

I happened to remember the other night that it was time to post the sleeping pictures to the link party, but I hadn't taken any pictures yet. It was about 8:30 pm, there was still a tad of natural light out, so I grabbed the camera and ran upstairs. Oaken was the only one asleep...


My sweet 7 year old!

The girls were wide awake, but I was pretty confident that I could sneak in and grab an adorable sleeping baby picture of Cullen. Nope. He caught one glimpse of me sneaking around and cried for "mama". So that was that.

However, today is Thursday, so in the spirit of #ThrowBackThursday, I scrounged up these two pictures of sleeping Cullen that I absolutely adore.


Cullen was just 5 weeks old when I snapped these picture. My how time flies. And how quickly they grow. It makes my heart ache a little bit every day as he moves farther and farther away from this sweet infant stage.

I guess sleeping kiddos are pretty adorable no matter what their age which is why this picture party photo challenge really spoke to me. Has anyone else participated in the Picture Parties? I'd love to see what images you linked up to!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your pictures of Cullen are brilliant! I tried with both mine to get sleeping baby pictures but they were rubbish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was lucky enough to catch a rare day with decent lighting when he was actually sleeping well :) He is the first baby out of 4 that I have been able to get such a good newborn picture!

      Delete